Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2005 terrican love my car but nobody can work out…

Customer Question
Hi i have a...

Hi i have a 2005 terrican love my car but nobody can work out why it wont start when its hot

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Had a new battery new starter plus lots of other things and the mechanics cant work it out

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '05 Hyundai?

Crdi diesel turbo

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?

Our mechanic has had an auto electrician put a computer on it he said the cam sharft sensor plus another sensor needed to be replaced so we did that then he put the computoer back on it showed no faults We have also put a new starter moter As well as had the injectors done

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

He checked the fuel fillter and there was no metal in it so he thinks the pump is ok

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Car
12/6/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the issue is that the starter will not engage to crank over the engine with this issue here this can be due to a fault with the electronic ignition switch itself.If the switch is failing internally this can cause intermittent faults like this here.If this was already tested or checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?