Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 1997 Mitsubishi triton 4x4 extra cab ute. It is v6…

Customer Question
Hello, i have a...

Hello, i have a 1997 Mitsubishi triton 4x4 extra cab ute. It is v6 petrol. 6g72. It started running rough so replaced the iridium spark plugs. The fuel filter, drained the tank and replaced the fuel. Serviceed the injectors. It has a huge flat spot. It faulters and occasionally pops back through the air intake.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?

External.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Cab?

1997

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cab yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have cleaned and replaced everything in the fuel system.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, that is all. Just coughs and flat spot. Thank you.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Car
12/6/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Do you have or can get a vacuum gauge to check manifold vacuum? The back fire your experiencing is either timing or lean mixture . By using a vacum gauge it will show you what it is. I will send a chart of one being used to help you.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

Forget it. Too slow. Just answer is nothing but false advertising. I have cancelled the membership.

you don't have any clue how busy we get and I just got your question.