Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have an 2006 3.6L Audi Q7 and has fault codes P0088 and…

Customer Question
I have an 2006...

I have an 2006 3.6L Audi Q7 and has fault codes P0088 and P0341

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

Yes have tried resetting. Code P0088 fuel pressure to high and P0341 is cam angle sensor fault. Looked up wiki Ross tech and it mentioned if these codes come up it may also have a high pitched swueaknto the engine which I also have. How do I repair or fix. Removed drive belt and noise still there?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Q7 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i will haven't tried anything first was looking for a starting

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am a mechanic myself so was looking for a starting point. As it's my personal car but have not had experience on theses particular vehicles

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Car
12/4/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Check and make sure no wiring is being worn or chewed up by the engine drive belt or components under the hood as this can cause the noise as well as these codes.If this is or was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Hi Pete
Thanks for the help. Have had a visual check at wiring found a vacuum actuator with no plug connected to it. And also a piece of what looks like a pin holder that sits in a plug in the end bay. As I have just bought the vehicle and it has had a full valet. Also had a high pitch squeaking noise coming from the engine at idle which is around has been said to be also attributed to the engine fault codes
Any thoughts on my issue

Is there any way you can take pictures of the actuator and pin holder and upload them here for me to see.There should be a paper clip icon or similar you can use to upload them here.

Let me know,thanks Pete.