Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I need to talk to a mechanic about a 1vd toyota motor. No i…

Customer Question
I need to talk...

I need to talk to a mechanic about a 1vd toyota motor

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Toyota. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No i need to talk to somebody that knows about the vd1 v8 toyota motor i have a fuel problem it is common rail

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Car
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 day by:
12/5/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If the issue is no fuel this can be due to a weak fuel pump causing no or little pressure causing this fault needing replaced.This may also be a fault with the fuel filter being restricted needing replaced.If these were already checked or are checked and found o.k. or if this is not what you are looking for here on this let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Hi pete it is common rail the diagnostic machine said rail pressure and when you rev it up to say 21 rpm it gets rough and blows blue smoke when at idle runs nice have changed the filters

Has anything else been checked or tested for this issue?

Are you using engine oil with this issue or does the smoke smell like fuel at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Sorry Pete i needed a response fast as i had to make a decision to put the troopy on a truck and send it 600 kmls as i got no response from just answers it has bein booked on the truck Cheers Sel