Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

On way home from servo 5min drive 96 Toyota 4x4 started

Customer Question
On way home from...

On way home from servo 5min drive 96 Toyota 4x4 started cutting out, notice the gas has leaked on to things hoses are connected to and they look like there frozen. Have to keep pumping excellorator keep it running. Was running fine up to now

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Not starting like norm, have to pump gas to get it going. Never had to b4

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '96 Toyota?

80 series

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 80 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just asking u so far.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It only runs on gas not petrol since we owned it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Car
Answered in 3 days by:
12/5/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have a fuel leak this can cause this issue here and the component leaking needs repaired or replaced.If this leak is coming from something you are unsure of let me know here and see if you can take a picture of it and upload it here using the paper clip icon.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete