Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

My speedo in a 2004 xr6 doesn't work & the car seems to be…

Customer Question
Second opinion] my speedo...

Second opinion] my speedo in a 2004 xr6 doesn't work & the car seems to be in a limp mode

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

2004 xr6 ute

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet .

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thats about it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Car
11/30/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 8 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, the most common cause of limp in mode with no speedo is a faulty transmission input or output speed sensor. If you have a scan tool with live data feed, you can test drive with it hooked up and see which signal is missing - the input or output speed sensor and replace the one that is missing signal