Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

It was totally dead this morning. Its a 2014 Mazda 3 SP23.

Customer Question
It was totally dead...

It was totally dead this morning

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

Its a 2014 Mazda 3 SP23

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just the spare key and trying to start

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Initially I had a symbol on the dash and was also displaying a red key, that when I got my spare the on/off start button was flashing orange as well Then just called home to recheck it and I've got nothing

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Car
It's a Mazda 3 SP23 2014
Hello
11/30/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Chris, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.
Tell me, when you turn the lights on, are they good and bright?Chris
I'm not with the vehicle so cant tell you....
Ok. Well when you get to the vehicle, check that if you can. That tells me if the battery voltage is good. If they are not bright, then try jumping the battery with another vehicle, then see if it will start. If they sre bright, disconnect the negative (earth) battery cable for 2 minutes and then reconnect it See if it will then start.
Chris
Hello, just wondering if you still need help. I replied back to you several days ago and have not heard back at all. Please let me know. If you no longer need any more help, then that is fine, but please let me know so I can close this session.Thank you!Chris