Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Have a 6 cylinder Nissan motor in a Nissan Civillian bus. We…

Customer Question
Have a 6 cylinder...

Have a 6 cylinder Nissan motor in a Nissan Civillian bus. We are 300km from Alice Springs and going nowhere. Fan blade is falling apart. How do you change the fan blade, is it a bolt on blade or is it riveted. Not much room in there between the fan blade and the radiator?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the car been overheating? Have you checked the fuses?

Its a bus. no it hasn't been overheating but the fan blade is split and almost broken away in places. as it turns over the fan blade is coming in contact with the fan belt. not good.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

3/93 6 cylinder petrol.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes there is no mechanic workshop here as mentioned we are 300km south of Alice Springs. Can order a part from Nissan in Alice Springs if it is available otherwise will have to wait several days for it to be sent from Adelaide. just want to know how to remove the fan belt.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Car
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/30/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted how this is replaced or done.This may be due to the info you are looking for being difficult to obtain.You may have to contact a dealer or local repair facility to see if they can tell you how this is done for sure.YOu may also be able to examine it to see how it is replaced.If neither of these is an option for you here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete