Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Kia Grand Carnival. About every two weeks a serious…

Customer Question
Hello Mechanic's Assistant: Hi...

Hello

Mechanic's Assistant: Hi. How can I help?

Hello, I have a Kia Grand Carnival. About every two weeks a serious problem occurs. When I put my foot on the brake the revs increase and the car accelerates. I have been asked to check the revs when this happens but I'm too busy trying to stop the car from pushing us onto oncoming traffic. Can you help? Sincerely Nicole

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?

Have you not encounter this problem? I have the car thoroughly serviced every six months by my auto electrician/car mechanic. Fuel filters checked etc

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

2009 GRAND CARNIVAL

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I Have an auto electrician/mechanic check the car regularly. He has thoroughly checked everything in relation to this problem and has come up with nothing. He has asked me to look at forums specifically kia as he does not have time.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have been asked by my mechanic for specific information regarding this problem so he knows what to look for.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Car
11/29/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you ,I will try to help you with this issue

what you have here is a vacuum issue ,when pressing the brake pedal it will need vacuum and if we had leak it will cause that surge.

if he disconnect the brake booster vacuum line to it and try does it still surge for testing purposes , now when you disconnect the brake booster vacuum lines the brake will be come hard to press but we want to see if the vacuum is the issue ,if the problem goes away, check vacuum ,booster and vacuum booster check valve

to check for leaks, he can use a smoke test machine, introducing smoke to vacuum and intake system and see if he can find the leak

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat