Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

The engine is shutting off when the engine gets to running…

Customer Question
The engine is shutting...

The engine is shutting off when the engine gets to running temp and is idleing high would this be because of crank angle sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the connectors on the sensor itself? It's important that they not be loose or corroded.

No where would it be located on a 1997 jackeroo v6 petrol

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

Holden jackeroo 1997 v6 24 valve petrol

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am fixing it my self I havnt tried anything at the moment was just looking for advise

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that is all thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Car
11/29/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Gary, Australia Car Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Hello there,

The first thing to do is have a scan for codes set.

The diagnostic connector is a flying lead tucked behind the right hand front of the console, in front of thr gearshift.

Gary

Hello again,

Do you need any further help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Gary

Hello again,

Sounds like an issue with the throttle body, either TPS or IAC.

Hope this helps.

Gary