Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2017 VW transporter T6 and I have a fuse on the…

Customer Question
I have a 2017...

I have a 2017 VW transporter T6 and I have blown a fuse on the cigarette lighter on the top of the dash next to the luggage compartment and I can’t find where the fuse is. Could you help please, Thanks Ross

Mechanic's Assistant: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?

Yes they are factory fitted, we have tested all the fuses and they are all testing correct not broken

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '17 VW?

T6 LWB 135kw 2 L diesel 4 Motion

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LWB yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I have been to my local vw dealership and are not sure where the fuse is either. I have tried to find an inline fuse but the wiring goes into the main loom and I am not sure where it goes from there, I have watched videos on you tube where the previous model (t5) has the fuse behind the wiring loom under the passenger seat but on this model it’s not there, ran out of ideas now

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No don’t think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Car
11/28/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Unfortunately my info isnt showing the location of the fuses on this model here and if the dealer has no idea as well the only thing you can do here is check all fuses in all fuse panels for any blown fuses needing replaced.If this is or was already done and all fuses are found to be o.k. in all panels let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Hi Pete
Yes all fuses have been checked out and are ok
There must be a seperate fuse holder somewhere under the dash so still need to find it
Cheers Ross
Unfortunately my info isn’t showing where the fuse is located.That is odd the dealer doesn’t know as well.I can say it is usually labeled cigar or accessory or power outlet.Check for any hidden fuse panels under the dash area or seats.Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.A 5 star rating is appreciated and we can still continue here as much as needed if needed.Thanks Pete
Hi Pete
Yes checked under the seats and all over the van and under the dash no sign of a fuse holder
The van was purchased from a dealer in NZ but manufactured in Germany and shipped over so only people that would know is them
Also there are no wiring diagrams either on the net or in the van and they don’t label anything as well
Very secretive for some reason
Cheers Ross
I wish I had more info on this here.If you would like I can opt out and open your question for others to see if anyone else can assist further just let me know if this is something you would like to do.Thanks Pete
Hi Pete
Yes please maybe somebody else can sort it for me
Cheers Ross

No problem.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete