Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Aney audio mechanic is availbale

Customer Question
Hi aney audio mechanic is...
Hi aney audio mechanic is availbale
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Car
11/23/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: john aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 7 months ago
john  aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy

whats your question

I have audio a4 2002 i change the engine I start the car for amenities and then the engine dosnt starts I hook the scan tools dosent read aney thing no camanacatiob I put the auto elictration he can do that too
AU Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

If the engine will not start and the engine controller will not communicate then the ECM isn't awake. This could be due to an internal failure in the ECM, a loss of power or ground to it, or possibly a short to power or ground on a sensitive sensor ground or reference voltage circuit.

If fuses are good then the next step will be to test the ECM powers and grounds as well as testing the reference and sensor ground circuits for shorts. If no problems are found then the ECM can be condemned, but there is a good chance there was wiring damage if this started as a result of replacing the engine.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

The shop is close now I'll
Be back on Monday

Ok.