Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2005 VW Golf, I’m having a problem with the drivers…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a 2005 VW Golf, I’m having a problem with the drivers door lock. Originally both front doors were not locking with the remote, I have had both doors actuators replaced. The passenger door is now working as it should however the drivers door still does not lock with the remote. It does work fine with the key and other doors respond to it as it should. I have tried programming the key putting the key in the ignition then the lock turning 10sec in lock position then pressing the lock and unlock button but this didn’t fix the drivers door. Is there anything else I can do to fix this or will I need to take this to VW?

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Turn the steering wheel whilst the car is off?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '05 VW?

Golf sport line 2.0 FSI manual

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

The actuators were replaced by my mechanic and they fixed the passenger side door but couldn’t get the drivers door to work with the remote

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I think that’s all

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Car
All the electrics work on the drivers door as well including the lock switch, but that doesn’t lock/unlock the drivers door.
11/22/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech replied 6 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

did you inspect the wiring between the body to the door at the rubber boot for any chaffs or breaks in the wires?

second does this have an aftermarket stereo installed?

do you have vag com scan tool?

tbanks

I just checked the wiring in the rubber boot, there aren’t any clean breaks but the blue and green wires have a break in the casing exposing about 1-2mm of the copper wiring.
There’s also 2 orange wires that have a bit of black tape around holding them together and the brown and red wire together as well, I’m not sure if these might have been a previous repair job.No aftermarket stereo installed, however I noticed last night when driving the CD player kept skipping to the next track..I’m not sure if this might be related to the issue.No vag com scan tool

ok the causes of the drivers door not locking is that the door latches, ignition switch, trunk latch , hood latch , wiring to the doors, or the stereo is causing the locks and then alarm will not work properly.

that is why vag com tool is really needed here to isolate the issue