Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

First of all the air bag light is on all the time, then the

Customer Question
Hi! So first of all...
Hi! So first of all the air bag light is on all the time, then the air conditioner blew but most importantly the headlights wont work. I had the bulbs replaced today and then they went out again today
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: The car is a hyundai elantra 2005. It just recently got serviced The mechanic put the bulbs in so I'm assuming he put it in correctly. He seemed to think the fuses were fine
JA: Are you fixing your Elantra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, Ive taken it to a mechanic So far I've only researched. Ive come to the conclusion that the air bag problem is fairly common in elantras, so i think i might leave it air conditioner could be due to the fan fried as it is still blowing out air on the highest setting concerned about lights though. Im assuming bulbs are okay, worried about wiring
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The car itself is on its way out apparently. Has done loads of km's and I just got a new battery for it so it isnt battery related
Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Australia Car
11/22/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 20 days ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

The airbag light comes on when the airbag module sees a failure in a monitored component and sets a fault code. There are many things that could be causing the light to come on ranging from airbags, seatbelt pretensioners, wiring, impact sensors, the clockspring, and the airbag module itself.

What will need to be done is use a scan tool to see what fault codes have set and then testing can be done from there based on the findings.

Are you hoping to do the required electrical testing for the headlamps yourself?
Is the problem with heat and a/c just the blower motor only working on high?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician