Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a outlander 2007. The streeing control stop working…

Customer Question
I have a outlander...

I have a outlander 2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outlander yourself? What have you tried so far?

The streeing control stop working suddenly

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there anything i can do at moment

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Car
11/21/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

When you say steering control can you elaborate? is the cruise control? power steering? horn?

The audio control

Ok is everything else on the radio working ok ? do you have all the other functions on the steering wheel?

I have only volume and change the track and mode button all five are not working
There is nothing else

OK try a vehicle reset, pull negative battery cable then positive, touch both together for 1 min, wait 15 more and then reinstall positive then negative

Ok will try it

hows it coming?

Dint work
Any other remedy

OK so next we will have to pull the radio and check power and ground, do you have a mulitmeter for testing?

No

ok so at this point you can just replace parts and that could be anything,

Ok

ok?