Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I just installed a new coil to my vr 1995 clubspot and im…

Customer Question
Hey bud i just...

Hey bud i just installed a new coil to my vr 1995 clubspot and im not getting any spark from it ive put a test light on it and im getting power to it but not from it now heres the problem i seem to have two positive wires going to it and i dont think thats right

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The only light i mentioned was a test light

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

1995 vr clubsport 304

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i trying to fix it myself and bud ive tried everything ive change the dizzy ive cleaned my plugs its got a new rotor button ive checked all the fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Ummm not that i can think about at the moment

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/21/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Gary, Australia Car Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Hello there,

Have you scanned for codes set?

What distributor are you using?

The two coil wires will have 12v on both at key on, and while cranking one should flicker to ground on and off.

If this is not happening, either the trigger source or the amplifier or any wiring between is faulty.

Having said that, being a HSV, does it have the HSV security key alarm system?

Gary

Hello again,

Do you need any further help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards

Gary