Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Is there any difference in a vt commodore fuel sender unit…

Customer Question
Is there any difference...

Is there any difference in a vt commodore fuel sender unit and one in a vz thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

No,no gas hog start normal,just not reading correctly and was told when i brought the car that the fuel sender might need replacing

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Commodore?

2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Commodore yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well my hubby is,i have a 98 vt commodore that the fuel sender unit was replaced about 6 months ago but have brought myself 04 vz and hubby wanted to know if he could replace one with the other

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just can it be done

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Car
11/20/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Gary, Australia Car Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Hello there,

They will physically swap, but the sender cards operate in opposite ways. So you end up with a fuel gauge working backwards.

So short answer is you can't swap them.

Holden made a change during VX-VY.

Gary

Hello again,

Do you need any further help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards

Gary