Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2012 outback imported secondhand from Japan so has…

Customer Question
I have a 2012...

I have a 2012 outback imported secondhand from Japan so has the Japanese radio and navigation system. If I take off a cover on the front of the radio unit below the cd disk slot there is a module that can be removed. My question is can this module be swapped for a english New Zealand version. The current screen has a lot of english so the radio etc is easily used but the nav system is for Japan only.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

It is the original stereo unit.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

Other than removing the cover as mentioned to expose the removable unit I have done nothing else.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats all

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Australia Car
11/20/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 5 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases this can be done.You would need to speak with a dealer to see if they have the component you need to make this work as well as find out what all is needed to make this work.The dealer may also have to program the electronics in your vehicle for the country it is in now for this to work properly as I have seen done before.Speaking with the dealer so they can check the VIN and the options is the best choice here to find out what all needs done to make this work.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician