Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

Radiator. Water doesn't boil just comes out of the radiator.

Radiator. Water doesn't boil just...
Radiator. Water doesn't boil just comes out of the radiator. Water pump is fine and thermostat is new. Bottom of radiator hose is cold but the radiator is hot at the top
JA: Has the vehicle ever overheated? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: No never. Last service was 5000km ago roughly
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2006 D40 2.5 diesel navara
JA: What year is your Navara?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you fixing your Navara yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. New thermostat. Took out water pump but it's fine
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it
11/19/2017
Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Hello there,

Is it loosing coolant or overheating?

How long does the engine need to run from cold for it to get to your concern?

Have you replaced the thermostat with a genuine part?

Gary

Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Coolant goes to the outer tank. Thermostat is a genuine part. The water starts to come out of the radiator as soon as it starts to warm up
Phone call session started

Hi Pat,

As discussed during our conversation, it sounds like a circulation issue.

One thought I have had is a delaminating lower radiator hose.

While you have the pump off, give the engine and radiator a good flush out prior to reassembly.

Just refill with clean water as a test.

Hope it is not the start of a head gasket issue.

Gary

Gary
Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic