Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

I have a Subaru Outback 2005 2.5L and my engine light came

Customer Question
Second opinion] Hi, I have...
Second opinion] Hi, I have a Subaru Outback 2005 2.5L and my engine light came on some time ago. I took the car to a trusted mechanic who found the diagnostic code for the fault was P0304 (Cylinder 4 misfire). He cleared the code, replaced the spark plugs and spark plugs leads and the engine light went off. A few days later the engine light came on again. I returned the car to the mechanic who checked the code again and found P0304 again. He switched the injector, spark plug and spark plug between cylinder 3 and 4. Car tested OK. A few day later the engine light came on again. Through all this the car drives perfectly, no misfiring, no trouble a slow or high speed but the light continues to come on and the go off repeatedly. Is there anything else you know of that would cause the light to come on like this?JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?Customer: I don't but the mechanic does.JA: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?Customer: I've detailed that in the message, I have also taken the car to my local Subaru dealership who couldn't fix the issue either.JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?Customer: No, thats all thanks
Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Australia Car
11/19/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 23 days ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Sounds to me like a grounding issue and it could be multiple grounding points, and maybe a ecm relearn, did they reground the engine and computer ?

Curtis
Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic