Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 94holden Bering.my car Kerry's went through the…

Customer Question
I have a 94holden...

I have a 94holden Bering.my car Kerry's went through the washing machine then when I tried to open the door with the keys the horn alarm went off so I disconnected the battle to stop the alarm now I can't start my car,have you any advice for me please

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

Yes I can get in but can't start the car

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

1994holden Bering sedan

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Sedan?

1994

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sedan yourself? What have you tried so far?

Because I only have one arm I'm limited.but on the ignition the dails light up but the engine won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The car has central locking and I'm visiting in Melbourne with my spare key in hobart so I'm stuck and need to get back

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Car
Sorry for the miss print the car is 1994 Holden Berina sedan automatic with central locking
It also has electric windows and cruise control and I have accidentally put the key the door forgetting to push the buttons on the remote and the alarm went off so I just pushed the button on the remote to unlock doors and the alarm stopped
Answered in 1 day by:
11/19/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello

I'd 1st try resetting the ECU by disconnecting the battery cables and clamping them together for 10 mins. Remove both battery leads from the battery then use a nut and bolt or G-clamp to hold both battery lead terminals together.

This discharges any capacitors / memory within the ECU and around the car so ensures all memory settings are wiped clear - back to the factory default.

This will reset all the systems on the car and you may need the radio security code to get it going again, and ensure that the keys are in your hand when you re-connect the battery as the car may lock and turn on the alarm

I'd also suggest to try a fresh battery in the key remote and ensure that its fully dried out