Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

When does transmission need changing in vito,s. Im looking…

Customer Question
When does transmission need...

When does transmission need changing in vito,s

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your transmission fluid last checked?

Im looking at buying 1,it has 207k on clock

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2011 113C01 lwb my11

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LWB yourself? What have you tried so far?

I could be buying it,how long do trans usually last

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there anything major that could need replacing at the milage its on

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Car
Answered in 1 day by:
11/19/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

How long a transmission lasts is directly proportionate to the care it receives and how the vehicle is used. If it is used for heavy towing or hauling and receives little or no maintenance then the transmission will not least as long as a vehicle used more lightly and receives maintenance. If you're unaware of the history of the vehicle then the only thing you'd really be able to do is test drive it and see how the transmission acts, and you could take a look at the fluid to see what condition it is in. It isn't uncommon for an automatic transmission to last in excess of 200,000 miles if periodic maintenance is performed.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.