Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 93 Chev g20 Auto with electronic vss at the rear of…

Customer Question
I have a 93...

I have a 93 Chev g20 Auto with electronic vss at the rear of the unit . I bought the van in LA drove it throughout the states in 2015 without any problem. I brought it home to Taupo NZ and have drove it around a lot without a problem. Four weeks ago I was returning after a trip away and pulled up at a supermarket. When I left the van wouldnt change out of 1st. I could select 2nd and it would change into 2nd. I tried a lot of different things without any success. I waited 5 mins, started it up and the van was perfect. I drove it fr another hour without any problems then the problem came back. I ordered a rear vss sensor that fits over the speedo drive from US, fitted it today but unfortunately it didnt fix it. The speedo isnt working and the ABS light is on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

When the problem occurred about a month ago the warning light and the engine warning light were on. when I tested it about 30 mins ago only the abs light was on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G20 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am a teacher but was a mechanic before that. I still fix all my vehicles although this problem is new to me. I havent gone to garage but it is difficult here as most mechanics are not familiar with the van and the transmission. My next guess was to pull the VSS sensor off again and check that the speedo drive was fixed and not loose.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I havent had the module by the drivers foot checked out yet but there isnt anybody here to do that,. The auto hasnt given any problems up to now, is quiet running, the fluid is clean and full.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Car
Answered in 2 days by:
11/21/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 7 months ago
Shawn Few

Hey ,how are you
I seen That your post been sitting for a long time without an answer ,I 'm sorry for your long wait without getting an answer till now
I will try to help you on this issue if you have not gotten it resolved yet
Please Let Me Know
Thank You