Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Need to remove hydraulic hose on holden astra have

Customer Question
Need to remove hydraulic...

Need to remove hydraulic hose on holden astra have everything disable except for the connection to the hydraulic box have released pressure etc

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Saturn Astra. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

The hose is is in the boot for a convertible which blew when i was lowering the roof what tool or is there a basic trick to disconnecting it

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Australia Car
11/18/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Gary, Australia Car Mechanic replied 9 months ago
Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Hello there,

Are you now replacing some hoses, and need to remove from the pump assembly?

All of the hoses are retained with a large plate a 2 bolts.

Best to remove the RH boot trim for better access.

Gary

That has already been done only need to remove hose from box.

Can you post a photo of which part you need to remove please?

Do you have the correct oil from Holden?

Gary

So you want to replace a few lines into the pump assembly.

The top plate is held on with two allen key bolts.

All of the lines come off with this plate.

Each line has a clip to be removed to allow the fitting to come out of the plate.

Same in reverse.

DO NOT remove more than one line, in case you get lost.

Use the correct OPEL oil from Holden.

Gary

The clip at the bottom of the hose has been broken off from the previous owner

The factory hoses swivel in the plate and retained from the back.

Without the individual clip, what is holding the hose in now?

Has some other bodgy home work been done here?

Perhaps the car should go to a Holden dealer where a tech like me would fix it correctly.

At one stage, hoses became hard to get, but we found a good hose repairer that could use the factory hose ends and make a new hose of much better quality.

The factory ends must be used.

Gary

AU Auto Mechanic: Gary, Australia Car Mechanic replied 8 months ago

Hello again,

Do you need any further help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards

Gary