Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Can l start my 2005 GCL 4.7 v8 with the key whilst the keys…

Customer Question
Can l start my...

Can l start my 2005 GCL 4.7 v8 with the key whilst the keys circuit board is corroded and have too unlock door lock manually first.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '05 Jeep?

Lorado

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I need to get in and drive it to a replacment key programmed shop

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just theres nothing wrong with the jeep its the keys the buggered

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Car
11/17/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

You may or may not be able to start the engine with the key damaged, it depends on the extent of the damage. There is a transponder in the key that communicates with a module in the dash to allow the engine to start. If this transponder is damaged and the key is not communicating then it cannot be validated, and the engine will start and die followed by locking the starter out. If you find that it starts and dies then the key will need to be replaced and programmed.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.