Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

We have Toyota Camry hybrid and the alarm keeps going off…

Customer Question
We have Toyota Camry...

We have Toyota Camry hybrid and the alarm keeps going off for no reason

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

No will do that

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Camry Hybrid?

2010

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?

We have tried opening and closing all the doors and the boot and the now the hood

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Should the red light on the dash flash or be solid when we lock the car?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Australia Car
11/17/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Toyota Service, Toyota/Lexus expert replied 9 months ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota/Lexus expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Experience with this issue leads me to recommend to you to have the hood latch replaced. Inside the hood latch is a small switch that is connected to the alarm system. These latches are known to fail and cause false alarm readings. Replace the hood latch and your problem should be eliminated. If you have any questions, please reply. Please do take a moment to confirm you have received my input. Thanks!