Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

Its a Mazda e2000 1999 model, runs on petrol. When you hit

Customer Question
Hi its a Mazda e2000...
Hi its a Mazda e2000 1999 model , runs on petrol. When you hit the gas a black smoke is coming out of the exhaust. Is that a major problem?
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Start good, drive well. Just saw it on neutral
JA: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Its a car im trying before buying
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: In the last oil change ( every 10,000 k) the oil was a bit black
Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Australia Car
11/17/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 29 days ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, that is indicative of oil being burned in the exhaust, which means blowby into the combustion chambers. This may by from worn valve seals and guides or from worn piston rings.

You will need to have a cylinder dry and wet compression test done to determine which is at fault.

AU Auto Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 28 days ago

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager