Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Have just done a rear diff in my 2004 ssangsong korando

Customer Question
Have just done a...

Have just done a rear diff in my 2004 ssangsong korando td...is this a common fault if so can you replace it with anything stronger

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

Ssangsong korando td 2004 diesal 4x4

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?

2004 and not sure

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at this stage

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Car
Answered in 5 days by:
11/21/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I dont see this as a common issue myself on this here.Most likely this failed on its own due to a poor build possibly.I would just make sure you keep an eye on the oil in it to make sure it is at the proper level and o.k. so this doesnt fail soon again.But you should be good to go with no other issues.I dont see any upgraded diff for this model here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete