Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I cant find my Radio code and my battery had been changed…

Customer Question
I cant find my...

I cant find my Radio code and my battery had been changed can you please help me

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?

No i dont think so

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?

2002 pajero automatic transmission 3.5L

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pajero yourself? What have you tried so far?

No it come back from the mechanics and i havre just moved house and cant find my book that has the code in it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at the moment thank you

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Car
11/16/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

unfortunately they do not allow us tech's that information anymore, but I can still give you the process of obtaining it.

What would your question be .?

You have to take all the info to your closest dealer as they will not give it to you over the phone. This is the info you will need to take with you. vehicle's make , model, year of production and vin number. All this info should be on the driver's door opening on a sticker. The other bit of info is Radio unit model and serial number. This info unfortuneatly is on the chasis of the radio and you may have to remove the unit to get it. Take all this info plus, Proof of ownership. As you can see they have clamped down on this .

The only other thing I can do to try and help you out is supply this link which has helped many in your situation.

I'm sorry but that's the best we can do since they changed the rules. Hope you understand what you have to do.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.