Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

The car is a 2005 e87 120i, engine lost power, code error

Customer Question
p2610, change crank sensor 6...
the car is a 2005 e87 120i, engine lost power, code error p2610, change crank sensor 6 months ago was going ok prior to this incident. change both cam sensors no change, do I need to clear obd first or should it start, looking at possible ecm fault
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: no it just died and stopped hasn't started yet, seems to blenty of fuel as you can smell it if you crank engine
JA: What is the model of your '05 BMW?
Customer: yes, engine light on
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, changed cam sensors, battery anf fuel pumps
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Australia Car
11/15/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 29 days ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert
The answer to your question is no, you don’t need to clear the code for the car to start. Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
ok so given all the components I have changed so far what do you think is the problem,obd showed code p2610

Please do not forget to click a positive rating

it is likely an issue with the abs system, although a basic p code is not detailed enough to reveal the cause - you need to have the car scanned with a proper BMW scan tool to validate. P codes are far too vague/generic in a case like this. As the question has been answered, please kindly select a positive rating

Steve
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert