Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

How do I remove my cigarette lighter from my Toyota l/c

Customer Question
How do I remove...

How do I remove my cigarette lighter from my Toyota l/c hdj95

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2005 hdj 95 l/c ute

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 9-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes but not able to remove lighter from dash

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Had blown fuse replaced it radio also on same fuse radio now working

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. just how to get lighter out of dash

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Car
Answered in 6 days by:
11/21/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.

you have to gain access to the back part of the lifgter assembly as they have clips on the backside that has to be released to do so. This will involve removing some moulgings and panels to do so.

I advised you 5 days ago that I had problem fixed ...as I thought you were not going to replie
thanks Roger

Sorry as I just received this as a request but I will certainly forward this to our sight's moderator to have it removed. Have a great day. Request sent.