Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 95 L200 2.5 diesel. The problem I have is that it…

Customer Question
Hi there, I have...

Hi there, I have a 95 L200 2.5 diesel. The problem I have is that it gets stuck in gear e.g from 2nd to 3rd then I can't get any other gears it just locks in 3rd. I have taken the top of the gear stick off and manually repositioned the selector fork (not sure if this is what it's called) into neutral whacked it back together get about 2kms down the road then it jams again. Any idea as to what is causing this, Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

It is the original trans, only had the slave cylinder replaced. what is the brake switch.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your L200 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i am, only what i described previously

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It was hard to get into gear but after replacing the slave cylinder it became a little easier

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Car
11/14/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be due to an issue with the gear alignment gears/synchro gears binding or damaged needing replaced.You will need to have the internal components in the gear box inspected further to locate which component is at fault then repaired from there to resolve this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

hi pete, thanks for responding, ok to further assist diagnostics I will send some photos and a more detailed list about wats wrong.
Ok if you can send the photos this will help.I may not be back online until tommorow if that’s ok?
i would like to request a refund please. cheers.
I apologize if my info didn’t help here.Below is the link to contact customer care on what your requesting.Thanks Pete
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help