Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm trying to determine what the existing wires are in the…

Customer Question
Hi I'm trying to determine...
Hi I'm trying to determine what the existing wires are in the back of my tomm head unit in my 2010 hiace. I'm looking to install a new Kenwood head unit along with two new front speakers, add two 6x9"s for the rear and 2x 12" subs. I will be using two amps to power the 6 speakers. The van doesnt have any rear speakers currently. Can you please tell me what the wires are the are existing to help me connect the new wiring harness?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Car
This is what I have coming from the back of my existing unit.Far right antenna?Small harness first from right
Black
Yellow
Red
White
All thick wiresBlue harness next along
Thick light green
Thick purple
Thick pink
Thick blue
Thick brown
Thin grey
Think dark green w silver stripes
Blue w yellow stripeNext a hole for a harness but no harness in itFar left harness
Thin white
Thin red
Thin black
All going into a harness which goes nowhereAlso coming out of far left harness is a purple wire with a white strip which has been split. One section goes to a harness with the following wires
Black
Black w brown stripe
Blue
Blue w pink stripe
I have more photos if you need them. Let me know.
Hi have you received my question? I need to do this installation today so if I haven't received a response in the next two hours I will have to ask another expert. Thanks heaps.
Answered in 2 days by:
11/16/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

With something like this you may have to contact a dealer for them to look at the wiring and a diagram to help determine what these are for.In some cases this info can be difficult for us to obtain here.You might also be able to get a factory wiring harness adapter to install and plug into your factory harness which then can be wired to your after market radio.If none of these are options for you let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete