Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Just wondering - would the electronic handbrake module fail…

Customer Question
HI There, just wondering...

HI There, just wondering - would the electronic handbrake module fail without showing a waring light first??

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Sorry; warning light to advise there are issues

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

2010 X5

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your X5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've actually just had the rotors replaced at BMW service. They told me to come and pick up and when I got there they could not release the handbrake. now a week later they tell me I need to replace the handbrake module Odd since I have never had issue nor warning that anything was wrong....

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is it possible they have made a mistake to cause this in the service? thank you

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Car
11/14/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 8 months ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
What is the last 7 of the vin of the vehicle?