Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Can you reprogram the ecu or bcm to get the electric windows…

Customer Question
Can you reprogram the ecu...
Can you reprogram the ecu or bcm to get the electric windows to work in a Landcruiser 76 series wagon Workmate. The wiring looms are the same but nothin will work. i bought the door cards and electric windows and central locking for a totalled GXL wagon
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Car
11/14/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Usually this cannot be done if this is not the original equipment for your model.The only way to know for sure is to allow a dealer to see if they can program this for you but usually this is not an option since it is not orignial equipment for your vehicle.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete