Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Air bag failer. Came on today 101000kl. 2003. I wanto fix my…

Customer Question
Air bag failer Mechanic's...

Air bag failer

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?

Came on today 101000kl

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

2003

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I wanto fix my self if ican

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I dont think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Car
11/13/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech replied 8 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

Did you scan the air bag module to see what code is stored?

What model VW you have ?

thanks

tuareg 2003
this is going to cost me more then a mecanik
AU Auto Mechanic: ,  replied 8 months ago
Phone call session started