Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

Service light is on and can not reset. 12.5v on active 11.5v

Customer Question
on control circuit 3.5v on...
service light is on and can not reset. 12.5v on active 11.5v on control circuit 3.5v on 2nd control circuit. Resistance to earth thru plugs is 1.0 ohms on all 4 glow plugs
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: po 0670 po 0488
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Renault Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the model of your '12 Renault?
Customer: 2007 master g9u650 engine
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: what can I try? seems like it should not have any problem.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Vehicle had the motor replace by a auto mechanic. It runs fine it starts fine. The dash light , service and glow plug come on after resetting and I am concerned that If another issue presents I will be unaware because the service light is already lit.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Australia Car
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
cancel question. Relay is faulty.
11/14/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 month ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

It looks like you have located the fault.Inspect just to make sure there are no wiring issues running to the relay as this can cause issues with the relay failing prematurely.If you need no more assistance on this let me know.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician