Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

I have just tried to reset the service computer on my 2009

Customer Question
Hi i have just tried...
Hi i have just tried to reset the service computer on my 2009 C220 CDI, and whild doing this I pushed the wrong button on the steering wheel..... now the car wont start, and it appears the ignition has been disabled. The remote door locking is working fine. And i can turn the key to the start position, but the ignition doesnt come on, and the car wont turn over etc.... any ideas...?
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: Yes can turn steering wheel, And the key is fine. I have two keys and i have tried both of them...
JA: Are you fixing your C220 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just changed oil.... thats it. I have disconnected battery for about 5 min, then re connected, and operated the remote door locks 10 times. Then tried ignition. But no sucess. This was recomended by an auto locksmith....
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thats it.....
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Australia Car
11/14/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 29 days ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, do you remember what buttons you pushed and what the driver information center displayed when you were pushing them. This will help in figuring out what happened and out to correct it.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Hi, I was at the point where you select which type of service has been done. From memory the display said service 1, service 2, service 4, service5. I didn't know which one to choose. From memory I pushed the right arrow when one of the services was selected. The display reverted to the usual menu of NAVI, RADIO, TRIP etc...., So I think it had exited the Service Menu, However the ignition would not turn on again, Since then I have disconnected and reconnected the battery with no luck. Then charged the battery.... No luck. Checked fuses...all OK. Now checking batteries in the remote... Any other advice?

Hmm, that should not have locked it out like it has. I have gone thru the schematics I have and I am not seeing where the problem lies and will open this back up to other experts

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
From my reading, i suspect the battery, however I have tested battery voltage...12.4v, I then connected an external battery from another vehicle with the motor running using jump leads. Battery voltage came upto 12.8 V, But MB was still not fixed. Can we rule out the battery?
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager