Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2000 coupe manual and the speedo does not work

Customer Question
I have a 2000...

I have a 2000 coupe manual and the speedo does not work properly it gives the wrong speed

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Coupe yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i am fixing it my self but not shure if it is cable type ie inner cable and outer or if it is electically driven ie sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

Have not seen any codes how many sensors would i be looking to find

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When the car is turned off the gauge registers (0) when you turn the key on it goes to 90kms then when you drive it it goes to 200kms

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Car
Answered in 1 day by:
11/14/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like the common fault with the speedometer gauge itself.If it goes to 90 with the key on and engine off or engine on and vehicle not moving this is a fault with the gauge itself needing either repaired or replaced to resolve this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete