Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

How to I get off on my radio Mitsubishi pajero 2002

Customer Question
How to I get...

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Australia Car
11/12/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Gary, Australia Car Mechanic replied 5 months ago
Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Hello there,

I can help you with this.

To get the radio out of theft mode ("oFF"), please do the following:

Turn the ignition key to ACC or ON
Turn off all accessories (AC, headlights, etc)
Turn the radio ON (so that the "oFF" message is displayed)
Wait approximately one hour.

Within 45 to 75 minutes, the radio display will go blank. Once this happens, you can turn the radio back on and "codE" will be displayed again.

Things to note! Do NOT touch the radio or the ignition key during the waiting period. If you touch either before the display goes blank, the timer will reset and you will have another hour to wait.
If you are concerned about the battery lasting this long with the key on, you can connect a battery charger during the waiting period, or you can leave the engine running. You can even drive the car around while you wait and it will still work, the only thing is that you can NOT move the ignition key or touch any of the radio buttons until the display goes blank, else the timer will reset and you will have another hour to wait.

Do you have a record of your PIN?

Gary

I have not done yet as I am on leave. When I do I will reply. Peter.

Hello Peter,

I hope the procedure above will work for you.

If you have the correct PIN it should work.

I wish you well with this.

Gary

Gary
Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic