Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

My 1998 saab 9-5 se check engine light has come on. Stays on…

Customer Question
Hi my 1998 saab...

Hi my 1998 saab 9-5 se check engine light has come on

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on pearl

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 9-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Depends on how difficult it is

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/12/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 8 months ago
nelson freitas

Hello, and thanks for using JustAnswer, my name Nelson and I have been an Automotive Technician for over 12 years, and I am currently working at a Toyota dealership.

Are you able to access a scan tool to scan the codes to see what is stored in the engines computer?

We will need access to see why the light has come on and that will lead us towards finding a solution

AU Auto Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 8 months ago

do you still need assistance with your problem?

Also can you please rate my services today, Your honest feedback is appreciated.
If you dont feel like I deserve a 5 star rating please let me know if there is anything else I can do before rating