Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Has all power but will not turn over. Plenty of amps battery…

Customer Question
Has all power but...

Has all power but will not turn over. Plenty of amps battery is fine and fuel pump works.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

Original. Never had a problem with the car before.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Subaru?

2009 impreza wrx

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Impreza WRX yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm at work in a car park alone. Haven't tried too much. Not sure what to do.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No not really

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Car
11/10/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 8 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

we have few things to check ,starter relay ,inhibitor switch on transmission ,ecm , ground etc ..

click on link to view starting system on this car

If you do not mind me asking ,are you looking at fixing this yourself or looking to know the most possible cause of this issue and taking it to repair shop for the work ?

Do you have any prior experience in electrical troubleshooting and testing with a test light for power & ground ?

Do you have a test light & or power probe for testing ?

Do you have a test light so we can check for spark ?

Do you have fuel pressure tester to check for fuel ?

Did you scan it with factory scanner or equivalent & faults retreievd ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat