Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Just completed a manual conversion on my ba ford falcon and…

Customer Question
Just completed a manual...

Just completed a manual conversion on my ba ford falcon and I stuck with the auto ecu because you have to change all the ignition and ecu, pcm, icc etc if you want to put a manual ecu in. Then I sent the ecu to a tuner so he could delete the auto components off the ecu since it went into limp mode because it couldnt sense any auto gearbox. I got it back and put the ecu back in my car and then it would not start. The immobiliser light is now on and the throttle butterfly valve it skitsing out (going back and forth quickly). I took the car to a mechanic and asked them to do a parameter reset. They tried 2 scan tools but could not get both to connect to the car. Can yous help i really need the car to get around

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Yes I can turn the steering wheel. No the key is fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Falcon?

2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Falcon yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well the person i sent my ecu said he would delete the auto section inside the ecu, he also said he would put a tune in the car for 98 unleaded fuel and raise the rev limiter too 6k and also remove the speed limiter

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have taken the car to a local mechanic and he said that he cant pair the scan tool he had to the car

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Car
11/10/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Gary, Australia Car Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Hello there,

You need to contact the tuner for his advice.

My bet is the PCM needs to be relinked to the immobilizer with a Ford scan tool.

Gary