Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have changed my ECU as my original one got water in it…

I have changed my...

I have changed my ECU as my original one got water in it from a blocked airconditioner drain hose .I am in australia.do i need to have the second hand ECU re proggrammed or can I do it my self some how thank you very much

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your car. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No ,I am actually trying to help a friend out that has two young children. And the mechanics around proserpine won't help her or can't

Answered in 1 minute by:
10/22/2017
Clifton B.
Clifton B., Australia Car Mechanic

hi what year and model car do you have ??

12/2003 suzuki grand vitara 2.5 v6 manual

the ecu can be replace yes but the car will not start after as the keys will not to be reprogram for that to happen . so yes you do need a key reprogram after the ecu is replaced .

The car is in proserpine at the owners house I am in townsville and will be going down there in a couple of days for a funeral.hopefully will be able to help her then
Ok can i reprogram the key and if so how thanks

you will need a scan tool that can do key program 9most of them cause about $8000 and access to a key code decoder more money so I would tell you to pay someone to do that part . so no you will not be able to do that .

do you have any more questions ??

OH,THANK YOU ,I WILL PUT IT ON A TRAILER AND BRING IT TO TOWNSVILLE FOR HER AND HAVE THE KEYS RE PROGRAMMED. YOU HAVE BEEN A GREAT HELP .THAT IS GOING TO SAVE ME A MAJOR HEADACHE

your welcome please rate the service before you go as this is the only way for me to get credit thanks.

Clifton B.
Clifton B., Australia Car Mechanic