Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have wolkeswagon golf and it requires radio code, but i…

Customer Question
I have wolkeswagon golf...

I have wolkeswagon golf and it requires radio code, but i don't have radio serial number.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?

Yes, i have to change the battery since previous one was dead. And i have checked everywhere where in side the manual as well as car. It is not mentioned anywhere.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

It's wolkeswagon golf year of 2000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I think i have tried every possible way to make it working. But it requires 4 digit code only. And i am unable to remove it as it is company fitted radio and i kind of dont have tools to remove it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have VIN no. Of car

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Australia Car
10/20/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you don't have record of the radio serial number then the radio will need to be removed to retrieve the serial number which is printed on the chassis. Once you have the serial number than you can obtain the radio code from here or by seeing your dealer with proof of ownership and the serial.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!