Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

My daughters 06 Rodeo turbo diesel has the engine warning…

Hi, My daughters 06...

Hi, My daughters 06 Rodeo turbo diesel has the engine warning light come on now and again... the truck becomes sluggish have had the egr vavlve replaced

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The engine warning light.. not the oil or alternator lights

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?

No not fixing myself. Have had Holden dealer replace EGR valve and some other small mod a little pipe attched to the egr valve?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The vehicle had power loss and went into limp mode before EGR valve replaced. Doesnt go into limp mode now but still loses power. Is currently having the security computer replaced .. for remote locking leaving indicator lights on.

10/18/2017
Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Hello there,

Have you had a scan for the codes that are set now?

Gary

Hi Gary,
the Holden Dealership in Taupo NZ have been looking at it. They would have scanned the codes but haven't passed on what they are. The last time they scanned it showed a fault relating to the symptoms but it reset ok. That was about a year ago. That was when it was going into Limp mode. Now its just power loss usually at 100km/h and the engine management light comes on. Not a regular occurrence but enough to be annoying. Phil.

Hi Phil,

Sounds like a new fault.

If it only occurs at highway speed, say 80km and above, I would be looking at fuel supply.

Rodeo is common for intank fuel pumps failing.

Do they have the car now?

Gary

they have the car now. Would a fuel pump bring up the engine management light?
Phil

Yes, if the rail pressure runs lower than commanded by the ECM.

I would advise a Tech2 scan tool to monitor engine data on a roadtest.

Gary

Thanks Gary. I will advise you when I can get the info to my daughter / the workshop.
Cheers
Phil

Ok Phil.

I'll hear from you when they give you some more info.

Gary

Hello again Phil,

Do you need any further help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards

Gary

Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic
G'day Gary,
The Rodeo has been picked up from the dealer. A new security / immobiliser computer fitted. The loss of power hasn't happened again (yet) as my daughter says. They did the road test with the Tech2 scan tool and found nothing. They checked and tightened a few bits relating to the EGR system. All seems ok at the moment. Thank you for your help. I had to ask an expert (you) so i could help my daughter. She was getting very disappointed with the truck and the workshop. Yes I am very happy with your replies and will post positive feedback.
cheers
Phil

That's great news Phil.

Wishing you and your daughter all the best.

Kind regards

Gary

Gary
Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic