Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

Toyota tarago 2002 no start igniter circuit malfinction all…

Customer Question
Toyota tarago 2002 no...

Toyota tarago 2002 no start igniter circuit malfinction all cylinders

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

New battery fully charged

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '02 Toyota?

Arc 2.4 petrol

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked all fuses efi relay check no spark at coil has fuel to injectors and injection pulse

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Car had jumper leads refused which blue main fuse. replace ecu and transponder and reader key is reading

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Car
Answered in 1 day by:
10/18/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 4 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, possible causes include the crank and cam position sensors, short or open in wiring harness to coil

I need to know if it is getting a RPM signal or not

it is registering rpm on cranking
Verified by diagnostic tester.
I don't have a wiring diagram for this car have ordered on but will take a week.
I am puzzled be the sheer amount of codes presenting as faults.
The are three fuse boxes. I have checked all fuses.Some systems are fickle in that one faulty sensor has a knock on effect.
I was hoping that someone has come across this issue with this make and or model.
Because a reverse polarity jump start occurred it is possible that more than one senore has failed.
The main thing is the problem only arose after the jump start issue.
once the manual has arrived and I am back at the car I can ring and talk on the phone.
That could be next week.
Cheers Linden

HI,

Ok, i need a list of all codes present

I will not be back at the vehicle for a few days.
The codes returned by scan are P1305, p1310, p1315, p1656, c1600, P0513.P1013, p1500, Poo13, p0013.
all these codes can be cleared and do not return until the engine is cranked.
I have ordered a workshop manual to get a wiring diagram.
I am a motor mechanic but this has got me stumped. A number of codes returned is concerning. The fact they can all cleared and don't return until cranking occurs points to communication issue and not hard faults. i was hoping that someone else in the industry has come across this type of issue.
Cheers Linden
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager