Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2005 pt air bag light is coming on with a chim. I have…

Customer Question
Hi, my 2005 pt...

Hi, my 2005 pt air bag light is coming on with a chim. I have had a Bosch diagnostic tool connected and it come up with the following codes. 2E16 drivers side airbag ignition circuit 1 open circuit. 2E4C airbag control unit power supply had been interrupted. 2F1B ignition circuit window bag passenger side open circuit. They were able to be reset but light and chim come back on when we drove off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?

Drivers?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '05 Chrysler?

2005 Touring 2.4 GT

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Touring yourself? What have you tried so far?

It is a new car to us. We hadn't driven it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We had to replace tge clutch. So tge battery was disconnected while that was being done and in that time the seats where removed. At first i thought it was the drivers seat doing it but i have checked the connection it seem to have stopped for a short time but didn't i have also done tge same on the passnger side.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Australia Car
10/16/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 9 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, I will need to get the last 8 of the vin to pull the schematics and need to know if it is LHD or RHD

Hi yes I was wondering why no response? last 8 # 5T621826 and it is a RHD, on Monday I went through and disconnected the battery before removing the module under the console in between the seats checked the connectors and cleaned up the surface for the earth (looked ok on removal) also disconnected the connectors for both LH & RH seats and drivers and passenger airbag and checked terminals. cleaned the battery terminals on reconnection. I took it for a drive and there were no alarms, the next morning it was driven about 30kms to work with no alarms but half way home it has started to alarm again? hope this helps.

For some reason these codes is not coming up for me so I will need to opt out and see if another expert can help

ok cheers