Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

On my way back from work yesterday, 2006 Holden astra. I…

Customer Question
On my way back...

On my way back from work yesterday,

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2006 Holden astra

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Astra yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just but the vehicle two days ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When I changed from d1 to d4 there was no acceleration when I rev it

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?

No I've not checked anything yet

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Car
10/6/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Gary, Australia Car Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Hello there,

What engine in your Astra please?

1.8 petrol, or 1.9 diesel?

Can you check the transmission fluid level please?

What do mean by no acceleration, is the transmission slipping?

Gary

Hello again,

Do you need any further help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards

Gary

Gary
Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic