Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a ford mondeo tdi 2009 2.0 litre. It was driving

Customer Question
I have a ford...

I have a ford mondeo tdi 2009 2.0 litre. It was driving perfectly up until now it stopped and wont fire. It has crank but for some reason the engine wont fire up. My local mechanic who doesnt have an auto electrician in garage thinks there is an electrical isuue.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

I assume my mechanic must have checked it as he changed the fuel filter today but the car still wont start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mondeo yourself? What have you tried so far?

It is with a local mechanic, infact i gave my in a perfect working condition for regular service and after mechanic completed the oil/filter change the started and then stopped

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is all so far

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Australia Car
10/3/2017
AU Auto Mechanic: Gallagher99, Ford senior technician replied 10 months ago
Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Ford senior technician

Hi there , good morning o you and sorry for the delayed response

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you today

Ok Is this a petrol or diesel varient

And the problems have only started after the service yes

What parts were replaced

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

It is a diesel car, mechanic changed engine oil and oil filter that was it and since then the car didnt start. He then tried a few things a thought something to do with fuel filter so he replaced it this morning but the problem is still there.Just to give you a bit of a background. I went overseas and came back after 5 days to find out the car battery was flat. Jump started the car with jump leads and then the car and battery seemed okay as i was running it on daily basis. But now after the service a car being sitting in the garage for a week battery seems to have gotten a little out that mechanic has been charging it up with a portable jump.

Hi there thanks

Would you like to speak over the phone

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian.

I am going to call you in 5 minutes, thank you.
I cant add my number for you to call me
I am from Australia and its not giving me option to change USA country code to Australia. My number is +61416105488
Can we continue on chat? I am okay without a call